Why Hire a Criminal Defense Attorney in San Bernardino?
When you are charged with a crime, it is important to remember that you have the right to an attorney. Hiring a criminal defense lawyer is one of the most important decisions you will make during this difficult time—there are several reasons why you should work with a San Bernardino criminal defense attorney.
Advantages of Having a San Bernardino Criminal Defense Attorney on Your Side
An experienced defense lawyer will help you navigate the complex legal system and will work to get the best results for your case. Specific reasons to hire a criminal defense attorney include:
- Extensive Knowledge of the Law. Criminal defense attorneys know the law inside and out. They understand how the justice system operates and can use this knowledge to help defend your case.
- Experience in the San Bernardino Court System. Defense lawyers have years of experience dealing with criminal cases. This means they know what strategies work best in court, how to protect your rights, and how to negotiate with prosecutors. This expertise can be invaluable when fighting your charges.
Due to his background in law enforcement and as a bailiff in the San Bernardino court system, David Leicht has extensive knowledge of the law and courtroom procedures. He knows what strategies to use to defend his clients against criminal charges.
- Objective Support. When you are facing criminal charges, it can be challenging to remain objective. A good criminal defense attorney will provide objective support and guidance throughout the legal process. They will ensure that you understand your rights and options and help you make decisions that are in your best interest.
- Evaluation of Law Enforcement Activity. Good criminal defense attorneys spend many years understanding the details of the correct police procedures. In their investigation of your case, they may find areas where the police may have violated your rights. If law enforcement acquired evidence improperly, your attorney might be able to get it excluded from your case, which can result in the dismissal of a case.
- Help to Reduce a Sentence. If convicted, you could face jail time or other severe penalties. However, there may be an opportunity to negotiate a lesser sentence with the help of your criminal defense attorney or have your case completely dropped.
Contact a Criminal Defense Attorney in San Bernardino Today
If you are facing criminal charges, it is important to seek legal assistance right away. David Leicht is experienced in defending clients against all types of charges, including DUI, drug possession, assault, and more.
Contact the Law Office of David Leicht today for a free consultation at (760) 256-3104. We will review your case and let you know how we can help. The Law Office of David Leicht serves San Bernardino, California, and surrounding areas.