When Do You Need a Mojave Traffic Ticket Attorney? Consider These 4 Situations
If you have been pulled over for a traffic violation, you might have questions about your legal rights and options. In this post, we will discuss 4 situations when it is in your best interests to work with a Mojave Traffic Ticket Attorney and what your attorney can do to help you.
When to Work with a Mojave Traffic Ticket Attorney
While some traffic offenses, such as parking tickets, are minor, others are more severe and can even come with a misdemeanor or even a felony charge. Here are 4 examples of when working with a Mojave traffic ticket attorney would be vital.
- Driving with a Suspended License. When your license is suspended, you take a huge risk if you choose to get behind the wheel. If caught, you can be charged with a misdemeanor violation where you might face up to $300 in fines and penalties. Although you may feel that you can handle this matter on your own, you will benefit from the services of a Mojave traffic ticket attorney who is dedicated to assisting you.
- Hit and Run Charge. A hit and run charge may apply if you strike another vehicle or damage property and then flee the scene of the accident. Leaving the scene without alerting the owner of the damaged property is a misdemeanor in California and it is a felony to leave the site of an accident if there are injuries. With the stakes this high, you need a skilled attorney on your side.
- Reckless Driving Charges. Reckless driving violations can carry possible consequences of up to 90 days in prison and fines of up to $1000. Additionally, a reckless driving conviction may remain on your driving record for up to ten years. If you are charged with reckless driving, you should contact a Mojave traffic ticket attorney as soon as possible.
- DUI Charge. The penalties for DUI may be very severe, with consequences such as losing your driver’s license, paying steep fines, serving jail time, and having a criminal record. A Mojave traffic ticket attorney can advise you of your rights and help you negotiate with the prosecutor or fight the charges in court.
How a Mojave Traffic Ticket Attorney Can Help
Wondering whether hiring a traffic ticket attorney is worth it? Consider these benefits:
- A good traffic ticket attorney will know the law and can help get your charge reduced or even dropped altogether.
- A Mojave traffic ticket attorney has expertise in working with prosecutors and knows how to get the best outcome.
- Hiring a traffic ticket attorney can be cheaper than paying the steep fines associated with a serious traffic violation.
The Law Office of David Leicht serves the Mojave area and surrounding California communities of Barstow and San Bernardino County.