Facing a Jury Trial in California? Hire the Best Trial Attorney
For many people in California, the prospect of going to court can be a terrifying experience. From the moment they enter the courthouse to the moment they leave, they are bombarded with unfamiliar legal language and complex court proceedings. As a result, it is important to select a trial attorney who is experienced in the specific area of law that applies to your case. If you are facing a jury trial in California, choosing a trial attorney who specializes in jury trials can be a wise decision.
A jury trial is a legal proceeding in which a jury of six to twelve people is asked to decide the facts of a case. The jurors hear the evidence presented by both sides and then decide if the plaintiff or defendant is legally responsible for any damages or injury. In most states, jury trials are required for certain types of cases, including civil and criminal cases. In California, any litigant in a civil lawsuit has the right to demand a jury trial. For example, you can ask for a jury trial even if you are involved in a landlord-tenant dispute.
Criteria for Selecting the Right Trial Attorney
The decision to go with a trial attorney should not be taken lightly. A qualified trial attorney who specializes in jury trials can make a huge difference in the outcome of your case. Here are just a few of the things to look for when choosing a trial attorney in California:
- Experience. A trial attorney should have a thorough understanding of the legal system and plenty of experience representing clients in court. Make sure to ask about their experience with the specific area of law your case involves.
- Reputation. Word-of-mouth is one of the best ways to determine the quality of an attorney. Ask around to find out if anyone has had a positive or negative experience with a particular lawyer. You can also search local legal directories and online review sites to read reviews from past clients.
- Communication. A great trial attorney should be easily accessible, responsive to your calls and emails, and able to clearly explain legal concepts in a way you can understand. It’s important to find someone you are comfortable speaking with and can trust to keep you informed throughout the process.
- Fees. When hiring a trial attorney, it is important to discuss fees upfront. Most attorneys charge an hourly rate, but some may offer flat or contingency fees (where you don’t have to pay anything until the case is resolved). Make sure to ask about payment arrangements and additional fees for court costs and expert witnesses.
- Specialization. Trial attorneys typically specialize in certain areas of law, so it is important to find one who is experienced and knowledgeable in the particular issue your case involves. Ask about their specialization and make sure they can handle the complexities of your case.
- Availability. It is essential to find an attorney who is available and able to devote enough time to your case. Ask them about their current caseload and make sure they can dedicate the necessary resources to ensure a successful outcome.
The Best Legal Help for You
The Law Office of David Leicht is led by an experienced criminal defense attorney and former law enforcement officer, David Leicht. Mr. Leicht is committed to providing the highest quality legal representation and ensuring that each client’s rights are fully protected. He has extensive experience in the criminal justice system and a deep understanding of the laws and procedures that govern criminal trials. He is also highly respected by the court system, making him the ideal trial attorney for clients facing criminal charges.
With a commitment to providing the highest quality legal services and a deep understanding of the laws and procedures in the criminal justice system, David Leicht is the best trial attorney to meet your legal needs. Contact the Law Office of David Leicht at (760)-256-3104 or use the online form to set up a free consultation and put the power of an experienced trial attorney on your side.
Serving Barstow, Victorville, Apple Valley, Hesperia, Adelanto, Baker, Needles, Lucerne Valley, Big Bear, San Bernardino, Mojave, Phelan, Wrightwood, and the surrounding California communities.
534 Barstow Road
Barstow, CA 92311