Fighting a Ticket: Is Hiring a Traffic Ticket Attorney Necessary?
If you’ve received a traffic ticket, you may wonder whether hiring a traffic ticket attorney is necessary to fight it. The short answer is…it depends. Many people represent themselves when contesting a traffic ticket, and some are successful.
When to Hire a Traffic Ticket Attorney
What are the situations you should seriously consider hiring a traffic ticket attorney? Here are five:
- If You Have a Complicated Case. It’s worth hiring a traffic ticket attorney when the legal issues are complex. For example, if you have received multiple citations over a short period or the violation was particularly serious (like driving while intoxicated), an attorney can assist you in crafting a strategy for dealing with the charges.
- If You Have a Valid Defense. If you are sure you weren’t driving above the posted speed limit or breaking any other traffic laws you’ve been charged with, there’s no reason to plead guilty to a traffic ticket. An attorney can help with establishing evidence and finding witnesses. If you were unaware of your rights, an attorney can help clarify them.
- If the Consequences of Losing the Case Are Too Great to Risk. If you’re facing serious consequences, it’s better to hire a lawyer. When you’re facing the prospect of losing your license and paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars in fees, it’s hard to imagine that representing yourself would be worth the risk.
- If You’re a Commercial Driver. If you’re a commercial driver, the stakes are even higher. You could lose your license, which means losing your job and income.
- If You Want Expert Legal Help. The law is complicated, and it’s easy to make mistakes that can affect how your case turns out. Experienced traffic attorneys know the best strategies and options for achieving favorable outcomes. Your attorney is also likely familiar with law enforcement, prosecutors, and judges in the local traffic court system, and this knowledge can prove to be a major advantage in your case. You may have a better chance of obtaining a reduction or dismissal if your attorney is familiar with local prosecutors and judges.
Contact a California Traffic Ticket Attorney Who Will Fight for You
At the Law Office of David Leicht, we understand how distressing it can be to face traffic violations and other legal issues. We also know that many people do not have the resources to go through the process alone. That’s why we offer free case evaluations to discuss your situation. Our goal is to help you achieve the best possible outcome in your case so that you can move on with your life without worrying about these charges hanging over your head.
Whether you need help fighting a traffic ticket or want to explore other legal options, we can help. Contact the Law Office of David Leicht at (760)-256-3104 or use our online form to set up a free consultation and put the power of an experienced attorney on your side.
Serving Barstow, Victorville, Apple Valley, Hesperia, Adelanto, Baker, Needles, Lucerne Valley, Big Bear, San Bernardino, Mojave, Phelan, Wrightwood, and the surrounding California communities.
534 Barstow Road
Barstow, CA 92311