10 Questions to ask your DUI lawyer
You are charged with a DUI. The arresting officer has followed all the protocols. Make no mistake, an arrest for driving under the influence is a serious offense that comes with serious consequences. Generally speaking, you should never try to fight a DUI charge on your own. Too many have tried and failed, and in the process, they have lost jobs and income, seen their licenses revoked, and incurred exorbitant fines.
The bottom line is, you do not want to be caught driving drunk or under the influence of drugs in California. If you do, you would be well advised to hire an attorney who, at minimum, can reduce your charges.
Questions to Ask Your Attorney
1. How many years has the attorney been practicing?
2. Do they specialize in DUI defense?
3. What percentage of cases have they won?
4. What, if any, mitigating circumstances, do they see in your case?
5. Does your case have to go to trial?
6. Will the attorney or someone else be handling your case?
7. How much will your legal fees be?
8. Based on past experience, what is the likely outcome of the case?
9. If you are found guilty, how long does the DUI stay on your record?
This final question is more important than you might think. DUI convictions are not only a blot on your driving record, but they can also affect your ability to do your job and your company’s opinion of you as an employee. Your car insurance rates will increase because you will be considered a high-risk customer. As any attorney will advise you, DUI’s that involve injury to another person fall into a far more serious category.
If you want to fight a DUI traffic ticket and live in Barstow, San Bernardino County, or Mojave, call David Leicht now at 760-256-3104 for a free case evaluation.